June 13 is here! Why should that date be important to agents? Because requalifying renewals you enter into the old system will now migrate into Agent Gateway.
In mid-April, the Association sent essential information regarding a new process impacting policy renewals with a renewal effective date on or after June 13, 2019. The change was part of an enhancement in TFPA’s technology.
As a reminder, active renewal policies are being migrated from our legacy system to the new system through the Agent Gateway daily. As agents requalify policy renewals in the old system, the renewal policies are migrated to the new system for continued management. Renewals that are not requalified will not migrate into the Agent Gateway.
Click here to understand the renewals timeline. The following points are essential:
- Requalify renewals as soon as possible in the old system
- As renewals migrate, a new MSB will be calculated in Agent Gateway. As a courtesy, TFPA Underwriters are contacting agencies who have a significant change in their dwelling coverage limits.
- To review the renewals that have migrated into Agent Gateway, please review your “Open Renewals Tab” located on the Agent Dashboard.
- Deadlines are important
- Renewal offer expires 10 days after expiration of current policy term
- Premiums received after the renewal offer expires will be returned—if coverage is still desired, a new application must be submitted to TFPA
- All renewal changes must be completed through TFPA Underwriting by 35 days prior to the renewal effective date.
- If renewal is in Offer Submitted status, no changes can be made on the renewal until payment is received and the renewal is bound. If changes/quotes are needed, including billing plan changes, then a new submission will be needed.
- Valid policyholder email addresses are required for e-payment and future communications
Information regarding policy renewals can also be found in the Training Center section of our website, including a recording of a previous training webinar, the training presentation, and instruction for requalifying renewals in the old system. These may be helpful resources to you.
We are here to help you if you have any questions. Please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or give us a call at (800) 979-6443.