Texas FAIR Plan Association is closely monitoring the rapidly evolving COVID-19 Coronavirus situation. We are committed to continuing to serve Texas communities while taking steps to protect the safety and health of our employees and those we do business with, including agents, policyholders, and other stakeholders.
Here’s what we’re doing:
- TFPA remains open for business, continuing with existing business processes and resources.
- TFPA offices are closed to visitors and members of the public at this time. Most TFPA employees are working remotely and available by phone or email.
- All TFPA business travel has been canceled until further notice.
Here’s what you need to know:
- TFPA deadlines and resources have not been impacted at this time.
- TFPA has temporarily suspended interior property inspections. If an interior inspection appointment has already been scheduled, it may be postponed.
- Policy transactions with TFPA can still be conducted electronically. You may send policyholder payments to TFPA by mailing a check or having the policyholder pay online using our electronic payment service.
- We understand that agent offices may continue to be open and accept payment in person from policyholders. We encourage you to follow the guidance of local, state, and national authorities in regard to interacting with your clients and the public.
- More information on sending policyholder payments is available in the Training Center at www.TexasFairPlan.org/agents/training.
- If your office must close for any reason or you are concerned you may not be available to answer questions, you can advise your TFPA policyholder clients to contact TFPA directly at (800) 979-6440 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Agent Services at (800) 979-6440 or email@example.com. The TFPA team looks forward to continuing to work with you and will update you on any critical changes as we monitor the evolving situation.