Texas FAIR Plan Association (TFPA) has determined that the storm known as Hurricane Harvey is a threat to coverage areas and has issued a moratorium on binding coverage, which impacts the entire state of Texas.
TFPA will not bind coverage for properties in the state until further notice. When Hurricane Harvey is no longer deemed a threat, we will send a bulletin and post on our website to let agents know that we are once again processing applications. Please note that applications submitted prior to the moratorium will be processed according to normal underwriting rules.
TFPA is Ready for Increased Claims after Landfall
TFPA is preparing for claim-handling in response to Hurricane Harvey, with management continuously monitoring claim volume to ensure sufficient staff and resources are available to provide a high-level of customer service.
Please read the following information and share with your TFPA policyholders:
- For the fastest service, policyholders and agents can report claims 24-hours a day, 7-days a week by calling 800-979-6440.
- Policyholders and agents can also report a loss by visiting the TFPA Claims Center on our website and accessing our online form.
- Each policyholder is assigned a Claims Examiner to guide them through the claims process.
- Please ask policyholders to:
- make temporary or minor repairs to protect their property from further damage
- take photos of the damage, keeping receipts and records of payment for any temporary repairs
- not begin making permanent repairs until a TFPA-assigned adjuster or representative has contacted them and inspected their property
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Agent Services at email@example.com or 1-800-979-6440.