On Tuesday, February 14, Texas FAIR Plan Association (TFPA) activated our CAT Plan in response to claims activity generated by today's storm. Affected TFPA coverage counties include Nueces, San Patricio, Aransas, Refugio, Calhoun, Matagorda, Brazoria, Galveston, Chambers, Jefferson, Goliad, Victoria, Jackson, Wharton, and Fort Bend.
Please read the following information and share with your TFPA policyholders. For the fastest service, policyholders and agents can report claims 24-hours a day, 7-days a week by calling 800-979-6440. Policyholders and agents can also report a loss by visiting the TFPA Claims Center on the TFPA website and accessing our online form.
During CAT Plan activation, TFPA scales its resources to meet the needs of policyholders during and after a severe weather event. TFPA is already responding to policyholders impacted by the storm.
To ensure quality service to policyholders affected by storms:
- Policyholders and agents may report a claim by calling 800-797-6440 or visiting the TFPA Claims Center online. Both are available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.
- Field adjusters have been dispatched to impacted areas for rapid assessment of damages
- TFPA representatives are promptly contacting policyholders who file claims to explain the claims process and provide contact information for representatives assigned to their claim
- Please ask policyholders to:
- make temporary or minor repairs to protect their property from further damage
- take photos of the damage, keeping receipts and records of payment for any temporary repairs
- not begin making permanent repairs until a TFPA-assigned adjuster or representative has contacted them and inspected their property
- Each policyholder is assigned a Claims Examiner to guide him or her through the claims process
- Management is continuously monitoring claim volume to ensure sufficient staff and resources are available to provide a high-level of customer service