TFPA CAT Plan Activation
Wednesday, October 28, the Association activated our CAT Plan in response to claims activity generated by this past weekend's storms, and in preparation for expected claims activity generated by storms forecasted over the next 96 hours.
Please read the following information and share with your TFPA policyholders. For fastest service, agents and policyholders can report claims 24-hours a day, 7-days a week by calling 800-979-6440.
During CAT Plan activation, the Association scales its resources to meet the needs of policyholders during and after a severe weather event. TFPA is already responding to policyholders impacted by recent storms and stands ready to respond to more as forecasted storms move through Texas over the next 96 hours.
To ensure quality service to policyholders affected by the recent and future storms:
- TFPA Claims Center is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week at 800-979-6440
- Field adjusters have been dispatched to impacted areas for rapid assessment of damages
- TFPA representatives are promptly contacting policyholders who file claims to explain the claims process and provide contact information for representatives assigned to their claim
- Please ask policyholders to:
- make temporary or minor repairs to protect their property from further damage
- take photos of the damage, keeping receipts and records of payment for any temporary repairs
- not begin making permanent repairs until a TFPA-assigned adjuster or representative has contacted them and inspected their property
- Each policyholder is assigned a Claims Examiner to guide him or her through the claims process
- Management is continuously monitoring claim volume to ensure sufficient staff and resources are available to provide a high-level of customer service