Are you ready?
The Texas FAIR Plan Association (TFPA) recommends that policyholders make preparations now to protect themselves, their families, and their property because hurricanes can impact more than just the coast. Hurricane season is June 1 through November 30.
Policyholders are encouraged to prepare by:
- Reviewing home insurance coverage – be sure you know what is covered and what is not
- Taking an inventory of property every year. Consider recording a video “tour” of important belongings. Keep all property records in a safe location away from the home.
- Creating an emergency plan that includes evacuation routes and important contact information
- Building an emergency supplies kit that covers family and pets
- Preparing the home to prevent damage (ex: trim trees, install roof straps, reinforce garage doors)
Follow the TFPA Twitter account for additional hurricane and severe weather preparation tips. TFPA policyholders impacted by storms can file a claim 24 hours a day at 1-800-979-6440 or report a claim online here.