TFPA is responding to the storms on the upper coast and is ready to pay its policyholders for covered damages.
If you are impacted by this storm, the below information is intended to help you start your TFPA claim process.
If you haven’t already, we recommend signing up to use our online Claims Center – you can register and login at www.texasfairplan.org/claimscenter. With Claims Center you can report a new claim; check the status of your existing claim; view and upload photos and documents; view payment details; and send messages to the team handling your claim.
Report a claim one of three ways:
- Visit our online Claims Center at www.texasfairplan.org/claimscenter
- Call (800) 979-6440, option 1
- Contact your agent
Have your TFPA policy number, best contact information, and property damage details ready. Please note that TFPA cannot accept claims that are reported through email or fax.
After reporting a claim:
- Review your TFPA insurance coverage. Understand your coverage limits and deductible. As your agent, I can help explain this information.
- Take pictures or video of any damage to your property.
- Make temporary or minor repairs to prevent further damage.
- Keep receipts and records of payment.
- Do not begin making permanent repairs until you and TFPA have communicated about your damage.
- Maintain contact with TFPA about your claim; this helps ensure it is resolved quickly.
- TFPA recommends using its online Claims Center (register and login at www.texasfairplan.org/claimscenter). With it, you can message the team handling your claim, check its status, and view and upload photos and documents.
- Be wary of out-of-state contractors who show up at your door unexpectedly.
- Learn ways to protect yourself from fraud at the TFPA and Texas Department of Insurance websites.
Visit www.texasfairplan.org/claimscenter to learn about the TFPA claims process.