TFPA is ready to serve policyholders and agents affected by Hurricane Hanna.
Please share the following information to your TFPA policyholders to help ensure they can recover as quickly as possible:
Prior to filing a claim:
- Review your TFPA insurance coverage, knowing what is covered and what isn’t:
- Know your coverage limits and understand your deductible, especially if filing a claim for the first time.
- Assess property damage and take pictures or video of the damage.
- For fastest service, file your claim online at texasfairplan.org/policyholders/claims-center. You will need to register if using the Claims Center for the first time.
- Call TFPA’s 24-hour claims care center at (800) 979-6440.
- Have your TFPA policy number, best contact information, and property damage details ready.
After filing a claim:
- Focus on protecting yourself, your loved ones, and your property:
- Make temporary or minor repairs to prevent further property damage.
- Take pictures of the damage before and after making temporary repairs.
- Keep receipts and records of payment for any temporary repairs.
- Do not begin making permanent repairs until TFPA and you have communicated about your damage.
- Maintain contact with TFPA about your claim; this ensures it is resolved most quickly:
- Respond promptly to Claims Center messages, phone calls and/or emails, and requests for information about your claim.
- Schedule repairs and consider holding back a portion of the repair payment to the contractor until the entire project is completed to your satisfaction.
- Be wary of out-of-state contractors who show up at your door unexpectedly. Check with the Better Business Bureau for a history of complaints.
Please do not attempt to file claims by fax, email, or US mail as this may cause unnecessary delays.
If your agency is closed, we invite you to put TFPA’s website for policyholders (texasfairplan.org/policyholders/claims-center), 24-hour Claims Center phone number ((800) 979-6440), and claim filing information on your out-of-office messages to help your clients file TFPA claims as quickly as possible.